We love teaching teachers! Our professional development sessions can be custom designed to fit any district needs. From elementary to secondary, our hands-on, interactive trainings engage even the most reluctant teachers. Our schedule fills up quickly each year, so call and reserve your date today!
Here are examples of some of our sessions:
Making Connections and Creating Inferences (3 or 6 hour training)
– Learn how to use pictures, songs, poems, and real world events to make connections, create and prove inferences using interactive anchor charts. These exciting, hands-on activities will bring the love of reading back to the classroom and guide teachers to help students understand their thinking and see themselves as readers.
Hard to Reach, Hard to Teach Standards (3 or 6 hour training)
– Learn how to analyze your standards, bundle them into units of study and then break them up into mini-lessons that help scaffold student learning to reach the overall mastery of the standard. Participants will leave with interactive anchor chart ideas that include the students in the understanding and accountability of their own learning.
Formative Assessments (6 hour training)
– Teaching many students on different academic levels requires teachers to be flexible and attentive at all times. Building interactive charts and content walls encourage students to participate and allow for many forms of assessment along the way. Participants will have a toolbox full of assessment ideas, including Sticky Note Success that are fun and engaging for all content.
Building Academic Vocabulary (6 hour training)
– Turn your classroom into a “classausarus” while giving students a rich environment of vocabulary to build upon for all content areas. Learn how to constantly engage students through word trios, prefixes and suffixes, context clues, word attack, and many other charts. Participants will leave with a multitude of new and exciting activities to fit the needs of all students, including their English Language Learners.
Integrating Language Arts and Social Studies (3 or 6 hour training)
– Participants will leave with strategies that help them integrate their reading and writing standards while analyzing social studies content through various sources of text and media. They will leave feeling prepared to tackle the challenge of integration with highly motivating and engaging interactive activities that will increase student success in both content areas via collaboration and rigorous thinking.
Integrating Content Across the Curriculum (3 or 6 hour training)
– Learn how to engage your students through the use of interactive anchor charts and content walls. These guided and purposeful activities will increase student success by allowing the transfer of knowledge across social studies, science, reading, writing, and math curriculum. Participants will leave with a plethora of exciting, engaging, hands-on activities.
Developing Higher Order Questioning Skills (3 or 6 hour training)
– Teaching is no longer simply about Bloom’s Taxonomy, learn about Depth of Knowledge and how it will immediately transform your classroom. These activities move students’ thinking to the highest level of application.
Call us today about addressing the needs of your teachers and students. We can’t wait to meet your teachers! 1-800-604-1392